COVID Testing for Film & TV Production
When you’re running on a tight schedule, you need fast, reliable, and affordable COVID-19 testing to make sure everything runs smoothly.
DirectCare Services knows the production industry and has uniquely tailored services to keep everyone on set prepared to work safely. All of the tests we offer are SAG-AFTRA approved, and administered by an experienced team of health experts and clinicians. We make it our main priority to stay up-to-date with the entertainment industry’s protocol around Covid-19 safety, providing services that mitigate risk of outbreak onset and keep your production operating according to the DGA Production Health and Safety Guidelines. We have worked with numerous organizations in the production sector, including HBO, Warner Bros., BET TV, Youtube, and SAG-AFTRA and understand the industry’s unique needs. Our flexible testing options and competitive pricing keeps the cast and crew safe, while ensuring that you don’t go over budget.
We offer over 99% accurate FDA authorized tests with results in under 1-2 days. Priority expedited results for same-day or next-day can be provided at an additional cost. We also know that any one of your projects can call for some flexibility in the scheduling and possible changes in venue, so, we’ll be happy to work with you in accommodating your needs.
Rapid Result Options
Sometimes you need to get your results fast. All of our tests promise 99% accuracy and a 1-2 day turnaround on results, but we also provide same-day and one-day results options that can help you make quick scheduling decisions.
On & Off-Site Testing
Any test, any location, any city. We offer both antibody and active virus tests, which can be administered:
- At our retail locations in select cities
- Onsite group testing at the location of your choosing (office, on set, etc.)
- At home visits from a clinician at a private residence
- At home mailed test with virtual clinician consult
We can provide a combination of these services to meet complex needs.
We have a large team of dedicated account managers available 24/7, and we operate completely paperlessly. Our operations team will design a testing plan and strategy that meets your COVID safety needs, and follow it with around-the-clock support.
We custom-tailor our pricing structure to your needs and keep everything clear and up-front so you pay less and know exactly how much testing will cost. We only bill per test, which means no hidden fees. With DirectCare Services, you can feel confident that you are always winning on price.
Keeping medical information confidential in a work environment is crucial. Our results portal ensures that medical information is kept private. We operate 100% paperless and follow all HIPAA compliance measures.
Contact us for services
Lab PCR (results in 12-48 hours, expedites available)
Lab-Based PCR Tests send test samples to a laboratory to be analyzed, and deliver results in 1 to 3 days. Our partner labs, Thermo Fisher and Ortho Clinical are listed on the FDA Emergency Use Authorization at the FDA website, under FAQs on Diagnostic Testing for SARS-CoV-2.
Rapid PCR/Molecular (results as quick as 30 minutes)
NAT and SAG-AFTRA approve rapid testing.
- Accula SARS-Cov-2 Test (Rapid PCR) uses a nasal swab sample and combines the accuracy of PCR with the speed and simplicity of rapid antigen tests, delivering visual results in 30 minutes.
- Abbot ID NOW™(Molecular) is a rapid, instrument-based, isothermal system that provides COVID-19 results in 15 minutes. No nasal swab necessary, this isothermal technology allows you to make effective clinical decisions sooner.
- RT Lamp Molecular Test (Rapid PCR) is a highly accurate and affordable solution to rapid detection of active COVID-19 infection in a large group. It is a rapid PCR test that can produce results for as many as 45o individuals in as little as 30 minutes per machine. The test combines a nasal swabbed sample collected from the individual which then runs in a thermal heater to detect nucleic acids from SARS-CoV-2. According to current medical research, it is as much as 100x more sensitive than some RT-PCR tests. This means that it can detect the presence of an active virus at significantly lower levels.
Rapid Antigen (results as quick as 15 minutes)
Whereas molecular tests require specialized equipment for processing samples, an antigen test is simpler, because it requires smaller devices that are easy to transport. According to the CDC, antigen test sensitivity varies depending on the time in the course of one’s infection, but is considered to have “moderate to high” sensitivity during peak viral load. Compared to molecular tests, antigen tests are more likely to generate false negative results, especially when performed on people who don’t have symptoms.
Antibody (results within 2 days)
Antibody or serology tests look for antibodies in your blood that fight the virus that causes COVID-19. Antibodies are proteins created by your immune system that help you fight off infections. They are made after you have been infected or have been vaccinated against an infection. Antibody tests should generally not be used to diagnose a current infection with the virus that causes COVID-19.